A Study on National Minorities in International Relations : Focusing on Korean Diaspora in Russia
Ni, Evgueniia (GRADUATE SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, SOGANG UNIVERSITY)
- 주제(키워드) 도움말 Migration , Diaspora , National minorities , Korean diaspora , Russian Koreans , Russia – Korean relations
- 발행기관 GRADUATE SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES, SOGANG UNIVERSITY
- 지도교수 Lee, Kyu Young
- 발행년도 2014
- 학위수여년월 2014. 2
- 학위명 석사
- 학과 및 전공 도움말 국제대학원 InternationalRelations
- 실제URI http://www.dcollection.net/handler/sogang/000000053595
- 본문언어 한국어
- 저작권 서강대학교 논문은 저작권 보호를 받습니다.
- 초록/요약 도움말moremore
- National minorities migrate, find their home, become the legal citizens of different states and take an important part of national and international policy of almost every state. This thesis presents a study on Russian Koreans, Korea diaspora in Russia, and national minorities of Russian Federation...
- National minorities migrate, find their home, become the legal citizens of different states and take an important part of national and international policy of almost every state. This thesis presents a study on Russian Koreans, Korea diaspora in Russia, and national minorities of Russian Federation. According to the Alen Gamlen’s words, every migrant is an emigrant and immigrant at the same time. That means that it already involves two states into bilateral relations. This work defines what is a national minority and diaspora, its implication to international relations studies and how it is related to Russian Koreans. Also, it seeks to find how it related to the sending state (state of origin) and what policy South Korea conduct towards their compatriots. It depicts the experience of Korean diaspora in Russia. And last and the most important, the thesis reviles the connections of Korean diaspora in Russia in bilateral relations between Russia and South Korea (It includes historical importance – the National movement in Far East, establishment of Russia – ROK relations, and Rehabilitation of Repressed Korean National Minorities, and contemporary involvement into actual issues – like economic, cultural, educational, and political sphere as Inter-Korean dialog); the perspectives of the future role and involvement into inter-state relations. The importance and relevance of this research is based on the fact that soon every country will have more and more ethnic national minorities and globalization and transnationalism will cause more and more migration all over the world. The valuable experience of Korea diaspora and its role in the interstate relation will help to avoid the mistakes and learn how do make good productive and efficient relations between home land and host land.